This week we're having maternity photographs taken by SierraStorm Photography and in preparation for the fun, I'm creating a faux flower crown!
I thought that you might be interested in how I created this little masterpiece, keep on reading if you want to learn more!
The first thing I did was visit my local craft store, which is Hobby Lobby. I went down every aisle of the florals to see the different colors and styles of flower. I chose ones that looked the most life-like and in off-white and pinks, plus some greenery.
List of materials:
Scissors and wire cutter
One vanilla colored Rose
One step of pink small flowers
One step of peach medium flowers
One step of greenery
The first step I did was to pull out some of the floral wire and wrap a couple strands together to form the base of my crown. I made sure that it fit on my head properly.
Next, I cut all the blooms off their stems. I made sure to leave enough stem to attach them to the wire base. I mostly used my scissors, but needed my wire cutter because there was at least one wire embedded in the faux flower stems.
I decided to arrange my blooms how I wanted them before attaching them to the base, that way I could rearrange them if I didn't like my first creation. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I took a couple photos to help remember how they were arranged and referenced the photos as needed.
I started with the far left small pink flower and took a strip of floral tape and wrapped the flower to the base. Make sure to stretch the floral tape to activate the adhesive. I also find cutting smaller pieces more helpful because I could always layer more if needed.
I slowly built up the layers of flowers, working left to right, wrapping floral tape in certain places so that the flowers looked correct from the front and side.
I went through and cut all the leaves off my greenery so that I could then add them to my flower crown base.
I added each little bunch of leaves to the base just like I did with the blooms, working left to right, making sure I overlapped enough that the view from the side hid the floral tape.
There were a couple extra little leaves that I added with the blooms to complete my faux flower crown.
I hope you liked this little DIY that I've created and I hope that you will have some fun and try it for yourself!