DIY: Nursery Dresser
We've been on the lookout for a long and low dresser that would double as a changing table for the nursery and I found one on Facebook Marketplace (think Craigslist, but on Facebook). It was a steal at $75 and was just dying for a new life. This is what we did with it.
My sister, Marie, was over when we started painting the dresser. She jumpstarted everything with getting the first coat on the drawer fronts when John and I had to go to a birth preparation class.
All the surfaces that we painted was wiped down with e a clean damp cloth to get any dust off. I went ahead and filled n the scratches on the top of the dresser and then smoothed them out before painting. All in all, I think we did 4-5 coats of basic white primer and then John painted one coat of matte varnish. I cleaned off the original hardware and then added them back on. I think this dresser came out just perfectly for our little nursery!
Leave a Reply.
Hello, I'm Elizabeth.